FREE US DOMESTIC SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $100
Saturday, June 10th from 3pm to 6pm - SOLD OUT
$60 plus supplies
This beginner quilting workshop will make a set of two placements with stripes on one side and a coordinating backing on the other. You can choose whether you want horizontal or vertical stripes. The horizontal stripe version uses three different colors/prints and the vertical stripe version uses five different colors/prints. Finished placemat size is 20" x 14". This workshop will be taught in one 3-hour session.
Don't have your own sewing machine? Use one of ours!
Materials & supplies are additional and must be purchased at least one day before class, preferably sooner so students can complete all homework prior to first session. Materials needed include:
1/4 yard each of 5 assorted prints (for vertical version center) OR 1/4 yard each of 3 assorted prints (for horizontal version center)
1/2 yard fabric (for backing)
1/4 yard fabric (for binding)
1/2 yard batting
1 spool coordinating thread
* Please note you will need a 1/4" presser foot, which is specific to your sewing machine. If you don't have one, we can show you how to achieve the 1/4" seams you'll need.
iron to press fabric at home in advance
straight and large safety pins, fabric scissors
• purchase and pre-wash all fabrics (do not wash the batting)
• press fabrics and trim selvedges (make sure to remove any wording/branding along edges)
• oil/clean sewing machine and attach 1/4" pressure foot (if using your own)
• wind one bobbin with your coordinating thread
Previous experience with a sewing machine is required. If you've never sewn on a machine before, we recommend our beginner class or a beginner sewing lesson. In this workshop, you will receive direct instruction and work at your own pace. You may bring your own machine or use one of ours. We will meet for 3 hours. If you need additional time or help with the project, you may add on private sessions as needed. Please note there are NO make-up sessions and this workshop is non-refundable.
We are happy to assist you with all supplies in person or via phone at 773.486.8996.