Laine No. 15 is the current issue. Use the drop down menu to purchase back issues while they are still available.
Our beloved magazine is taking a step into a more modern, dynamic direction by celebrating knitwear and the world of fibre in a fresh way. Together with the new look, we are also excited to introduce new, regular articles, such as Jeanette Sloan Talks Fibre. Of course, there are also things that won’t change: gorgeous knitwear patterns, beautiful high-quality photography and the size of the magazine, all elements that Laine is known for.
The new look was created by Kyiv-born Marina Veziko, one of Finland’s leading designers and the Graphic Designer of the Year 2021.
Issue 15, Autumn 2022:
• 148 pages
• 12 knitting patterns (both charts and written instructions provided): 6 sweaters, 2 cardigans, 2 shawls, 1 hat, 1 pair of socks)
• an interview with knitwear designer Lindsey Fowler on postpartum depression and how knitting offered her an identity outside motherhood. Lindsey’s debut book, Salt & Timber – Knits from the Northern Coast, is published in August by Laine Publishing.
• an article on how sheep help to save endangered biotopes
• NEW! Jeanette Sloan Talks Fibre – a regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Rose Sinclair, an academic researcher, author and lecturer. Rose's PhD research into Dorcas Clubs examines how textile networks can be catalysts for social change.
• NEW! Five Ways by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro. In this issue, Päivi explores 5 ways how knitting can be used as a tool for change.
• NEW! Where I Knit – a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot, and talking about crafting in their everyday lives.
• seasonal recipes to inspire your autumn cooking
• book reviews
Designers featured in this issue: Jenny Ansah, Jennifer Brou, Weichien Chan (also known as the Petite Knitter), Štěpánka Drchalová, Meiju K-P, Bernice Lim (also known as Yamagara), Hanna Maciejewska, Terri Maue, Olga Putano, Florence Spurling and Yiğitcan Vatansever.
Printed in Estonia.
Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine and publishing house based in Finland. We cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship and beautiful, simple things in life. Our intention is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Knitting is more than just knit, knit, purl. It is a feeling.
Laine magazine includes patterns from the leading knitwear designers, insightful, long-format stories from the world of wool, interviews, exciting travel articles, seasonal recipes and strong, visual storytelling. Since 2020, Laine also publishes books.