Laine No. 14 is the current issue. Use the drop down menu to purchase back issues while they are still available.
Issue 14, summer 2022, is inspired by the light Nordic summer nights - gentle, delicate and carefree. Our beloved summers are so short and sweet that even the wee small hours feel too precious to spend asleep. The 10 designs featured in our summer collection embody that summer night's magic and explore colourwork, texture and delicate details.
• 148 pages
• 10 knitting patterns, beautifully photographed and illustrated (both charts and written instructions provided)
• an interview with knitwear designer Aleks Byrd whose debut book is published in May 2022 by Laine Publishing
• an article about Sisters United
• an article about vegan knitting
• a column about the challenge of running into a creative rut by our regular columnist Päivi Kankaro
• a column about how to find comfort in learning a new craft by our regular columnist Jeanette Sloan
• seasonal recipes
• book reviews
• Laine Favorites section.
Designers featured in this issue: Pablo Aneiros, Isabella Clark, Evgeniya Dupliy, Lindsey Fowler, Katrine Hannibal, Anna Husemann, Ema Marinescu, Claudia Quintanilla, Maria Walters and Sylvia Watts-Cherry.
Print only. No digital download code available.
Printed in Estonia.
Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine and publishing house based in Finland. We cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship and beautiful, simple things in life. Our intention is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Knitting is more than just knit, knit, purl. It is a feeling.
Laine magazine includes patterns from the leading knitwear designers, insightful, long-format stories from the world of wool, interviews, exciting travel articles, seasonal recipes and strong, visual storytelling. Since 2020, Laine also publishes books.