The School of Making Starter Poncho DIY Kit
There are two colorway options available: black magdalena and forest canopy.
Our Starter Poncho is a versatile cover-up and a great layering piece. This kit is perfect as a beginner project and comes ready-to-sew with all the fabric and thread you will need. All kits are made from 100% organic medium-weight cotton jersey.
• Difficulty level: Beginner
• Measures approximately 24" in length and 54" to point
• Instructions not included; instructions for construction: page 64 of Alabama Studio Sewing + Design
The black magdalena colorway comes with black thread and white gold paint. The swatch here is shown in negative reverse appliqué with knots on the outside.
The forest canopy colorway, shown on the mannequin, comes with brown thread and moonlight paint.
• Top layer for placement: Stenciled 100% organic medium-weight cotton jersey
• Bottom layer: Un-stenciled 100% organic medium-weight cotton jersey
• 1 spool of Button Craft Thread
• The School of Making label
• Stitch Sampler: 8" x 10" practice sample
• Organic cotton bag for storage
• The School of Making postcards