The School of Making T-Shirt Top Kit
|Availability:||Out of stock|
Please note we are taking orders for these kits only through October 1st. All orders must be in by then and kits are expected to arrive the third week of October. For details about our virtual Sew-Along that begins on October 23rd, please click here.
The T-Shirt Top has the option for cap or short sleeves, is longer than a standard T-shirt, and is fitted through the bust and waist. This kit comes ready-to-sew with all fabric and thread you will need. All kits are made-to-order from 100% organic medium-weight cotton jersey.
• Sizes available: XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL
• Difficulty level: Beginner
• Approximately 26" from shoulder
If you are new to The School of Making, we also recommend Alabama Studio Sewing + Design, which has instructions for construction, or The Geometry of Sewing. Both have great information on the hand sewing techniques you will use. Your kit will come already stenciled with the pattern you have chosen.
Please note: Always test all embellishments for stretchability as deeply embellished cotton jersey may lose some of its stretch through this process. For garments with ample decorative stitching, beading, or embroidery, we suggest choosing one size larger than your regular size.
• Stenciled 100% organic medium-weight cotton jersey
• Bottom layer for placement: Unstenciled 100% organic medium-weight cotton jersey
• 2 spools of Button Craft Thread
• 1 piece of Rib Binding
• The School of Making label
• Stitch Sampler: 8" x 10" practice sample
• Organic cotton bag for storage
• The School of Making postcards
Color/pattern options are shown below. When you order, please specify which option you want, along with your size and sleeve option (cap sleeve or short sleeve). Please note that you can choose reverse appliqué or negative reverse appliqué regardless of the color and pattern you choose.