We’ve finally reopened and it was worth the wait! We are in love with our new space and we know you will be, too. It’s still a work in progress as we finish building out the back of the shop, but the front is mostly complete. Just need some window treatments and furniture, and we will be good to go.
The Make Wall!
This is our community yarn art project. It’s always been a dream of ours to have a physical representation of our wonderful community that comes together in our shop. Here are the rules:
- • anyone that walks through our doors can add a piece of yarn to the wall, one time only
- • cut a length of yarn approximately 2 wingspans long from our yarn basket or use your own project yarn
- • tie it off on one peg, leaving a tail of less than 2 inches, then wrap it around the pegs of your choice and tie off the end, trimming the final tail if necessary
- • you can use our step stool to get as high on the wall as you can, but our staff is in charge of the parts that require a ladder
- • your yarn may not cross through the letters and must be taut
- • we encourage you to connect pegs that have not yet been connected
- • please help us document the evolution of the wall through time by using our hashtag #themakewall on social media (and yes, photos of you in front of it are encouraged!)
- We can’t wait to watch it change as the weeks go by!
- Joslyn and Laura took the very first #themakewall selfie!
- For those of you who haven’t made it in yet, we wanted to share some other photos. Shown below are our cash wrap area, a view of the front door, and a few pics of our main yarn wall.
The photos can only show you so much, so please come in soon to see our new space and contribute to the make wall!